Kerry Grinkmeyer is a real estate agent with RealtySouth. I built one of the largest franchises within the Ameriprise Financial Advisor System; in 2005 I sold my business to my son my daughter and my nephew. In retirement I wrote four books most noteworthy The Christmas Web - A Family Tradition. On December 26, 2014 our daughter lost her 12 year fight with cancer. I spent 2015 angry.
On January 1, 2016 I decided I need to change my focus; I became a real estate agent. I specialize in selling luxury homes in the Birmingham area. I believe that to effectively sell luxury homes they need to be marketed separately from the rest on the homes on the market and we (you and I) need to take advantage of advanced marketing methods offered through the Internet, print and broadcast media.
The key to selling your home is to first determine who's going to buy your home.
This can be determined by analyzing data. Through data we can isolate past and future trends in the luxury home market. We can reduce your potential buyer’s pool from over 400,000 to less than 2,000.
Here’s what we do to identify your buyer.
- We determine the optimal price to ask for your home from past sales data.
- We determine where your potential buyer most likely currently lives, how long they've been in their current home, what they paid for their current home and how much equity they have in their home.
- We determine what their household income, and equity needs to be to be able to afford your home.
- With this information we reduce your potential buyer pool down to less that 1% of the local population.
- We research and acquire this 1%'s names and addresses; this is Part A of your Target Market.
- We determine which real estate agents will most likely bring you your buyer based on past sales data, this is Part B of your Target Market.
Now we market you home to your Target Market. See our Marketing Plan in the SELL section of our website.
The key to buying a luxury home is to buy the right home on the right terms.
- As in all markets most important is location, the right neighborhood, the right schools, the right amenities.
- Your home will be one of your largest investments, so you need to buy it right so that you maximize return on your investment when it's time to sell.
- There will most likely be changes that need to be made, we can help you connect with contractors that do quality work at fair prices.
- We work with the best financial sources in the state, your schedule and best rates.
"Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results is the definition of insanity."...... Albert Einstein